Saturday, December 31, 2011

Thank you, 2011!

I'm sitting outside the house, just before 12am, and already, my car alarm is going off because of the firecrackers. The neighbor is blasting "Sweet Child of Mine" (Bon Jovi version, of course) in an attempt to make noise in our otherwise boring street. I'm not a New Year person because I always get emo, but surprise, surprise, I'm wearing a dotted top just for the occasion. And hey, I cooked for the family!

I've been very nostalgic these past few days because 2011 is coming to an end. 2011 for me was a milestone year. Definitely one for the books, one that I can tell all my grandkids about. It was MY year, and I am confidently owning it as one of the best years of my 25 year existence.

In 2011, I traveled, I lost a job, bummed around, became a reality show contestant, met my ultimate super idol Sharon Cuneta, met a group of people I will never forget ever, lived away from home and basically grew up. In that order.

Bacolod, January 2011

TELUS TA Despedida, March 2011

The Goodbye Leigh Wall


The Biggest Loser Pinoy Edition, May - October 2011

Ate Sharon! :)

Cebu, August - September 2011

Singapore, October 2011

There you go, 2011 in photos. Despite all this, I'm forever indebted to my family and friends for sticking by my throughout this year. It was a rollercoaster ride, admittedly. And never did I feel alone or lonely going through my journey. Thank you for understanding, and thank you for being there. :) I'm truly blessed already having wonderful people in my life, and having met more of them in 2011.

So there you go, 45 minutes to go until the world (at least Manila) becomes officially noisy. I think I'll have to go inside now to heat up the food.

Cheers to 2011, a wonderful year that was! (And crossing my fingers that 2012 will just be as awesome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment