Wednesday, August 11, 2010

On Going with the Flow

Things happen for a reason. Funny thing is, most likely, the things that you hate the most are those that would me the most helpful in the long run.

Take my going to Ateneo, for example. I hated my dad for forcing me to go to that school, which was waaaaay too impractical because of the distance from my house, and of course the expenses. I hated the Jesuits, I hated how it made college feel like high school in terms of how structured it is, and how I couldn't relate to how conyo everyone was.

Four years after that dreaded first day in Ateneo, and two years after graduation, here I am, thankful that I went there.

"Life is a combination of choices and little moments." Funny that I just literally heard this from Mr. Shue as I am writing this. True that there are some things in life that you can predict, but there are also things that you can't. But I think it's much more fun not knowing what will happen next. Regardless of how much you weigh your options, how calculated your risks are, chances are, you still don't know what's going to happen next.

I'm starting to learn that I'm just a little speck of dust in the whole universe. Things will happen to me, regardless of whether I like them or not; I'm going to experience things that I may or may not be ready for. I'm just going to let things happen to me -- take calculated risks, do stupid things. Live life, in short. Regardless of how stupid I may get, I vow to make each experience as fun as I can, because that's how I want to be remembered, fifty years from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment