Wednesday, August 18, 2010

On Goals

Officially, I am now Maria Leonila Villegas, Senior Associate for Talent Acquisition. Yay! :) I think I've finally reached my goals in the company that I'm in right now. If and when I leave, it'll be without regrets, since I feel that I've accomplished my goals. Short term goals at least. :)

And now, having reached this point which I initially thought I wouldn't reach (I just originally planned on staying for just a year), I think its but right for me to start thinking of my long term goals. Honestly, I've never thought about it really seriously; I've been playing my career by ear ever since I started. Thinking about it always scared me to bits, like having nothing substantial to write in an essay question. All I could muster was one, I want to be a successful, Blackberry using, jet-setting, power-dressing career woman, and two, I want to have my own collection of LV and Balenciaga bags, and Manolo Blahnik and Christian Louboutin shoes. Great, right? Yes, in a nutshell, I wanted to be Miranda Priestly, the evil Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada.

Obviously, those things aren't gonna happen overnight; and they're not gonna happen if I just continue to be my unfocused self. Inasmuch as people may think the things I mentioned earlier are really shallow, well, I still want those things. And those things aren't going to happen if I don't make this conscious effort to create goals for myself.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats leo! Wow, how come i learned of this through your blog and not in person? hahaha. Anyway, i'm glad you're on this motivated streak, and that it's paying off. :D

    Also, i know that you want other (deeper? haha) things than the ones you enumerated. Hahahah.

    ReplyDelete