Tuesday, May 28, 2013

One with the 110


Tomorrow I march (not really march, but more of.. sit? What do people do in a vigil anyway?) with my fellow UP Law students to protest the unfair implementation of the College's academic delinquency rules. As it stands, 110 students are in danger. That's 110 dreams that the College intends to shatter. 110 futures that will be put in limbo.

I side with my co-students not only because I am part of this number, but because I cannot stand that the institution that prides itself in teaching the law in a grand manner, also treat its students this way. Surely, this is n't the "grand manner" of Justice Holmes' making. The College taught us a greater appreciation for our rights and for due process. Here we are, calling for the exact same thing -- due process and respect for our rights as students.

No comments:

Post a Comment